Monday, July 26, 2010

Blue Herons, Turtles and more!

When my family and I were at the river walk in San Antonio, early in the morning, I almost walked into this Golden Crowned Night Heron serching for an easy breakfast.
On an early morning in early summer, I walked past a purple martin house full of purple martins. Here I catch a male purple martin keeping watch over the females while they feed their newly born chicks.
 On an early spring day, while I was walking to the purple martins house, I decided to look around the pond and guess what I found?  A two week old turtle!
On a hot summer day, when I was takeing Sophie on a walk, I saw a little blue heron lazily wading in the water just waiting for a adventerous minow or baby turtle to wander to close.

2 comments:

  1. This is amazing Cameron! I love the photography and the descriptions about what the animals are doing. Move over Steve Erwin!!! Great work Cameron!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I think its awsome!!!!!!!!!!!(:

    Love ya,

    Megan(: (: (: (: (: (: (: (:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete